Static Intercept is the most versatile and widely used form of Intercept Technology
Intercept Shrink Film is readily available in 3, 4 and 6 mil thickness. Contact Liberty Packaging for readily available bags and shroud sizes. Custom gauges and sizes are also available; contact Liberty for more information.
For MSDS and Specification Sheet please email us
- SI reacts with and permanently neutralizes corrosive gases
- Cleanses trapped corrosive gases inside the containment
- Long and short term corrosion / tarnish protection
- Protect products while in process
- Protection is unaffected by temperature
- Effective against galvanic coupling (corrosion between joined dissimilar metals)
- Does not leave deposits on products it protects; SI does not use volatile chemicals
- Acts as a passive bactericide and mildewcide
- Environmentally friendly; fully recyclable and substantially reduced landfill time (breaks down to polymer dust in a landfill)
- SI is effective corrosion protection for the following materials:
Silver Bronze Tin Brass Magnesium
Ferrous Metals (Iron and Steel)
Galvanic couples (if the Intercept is in intimate contact)
- Permanently anti-static.
- SI standard products are in the surface resistivity range of 106 to 109 ohms/sq
- Custom SI product can be manufactured in the range of 104 to 1011 ohms/sq)
- Tribo electric charging
- Electrical characteristics unaffected by temperature variations
- Humidity independent (resistivity unchanged at 0 to 100% relative humidity)
- Turn-on potential of .7 volts; excellent for Class 0 devices.
- Does not contain amine or amide based volatile anti-stats, so it will not contaminate component surfaces.
- Electrical characteristics are unaffected by a 24 hour water shower test.
- Clean room compatible, no sloughing